adildr.sys

handful 12:28 17 Dec 04

I have an error being reported in Event Viewer relating to the General USB Driver (adildr.sys)
For some reason a Google search only points to foreign websites (my Polish and French is not too hot) Does anybody know what this is supposed to do and how I may be able to replace/repair this file? Thanks in advance

Gongoozler 14:47 17 Dec 04

In Windows XP Pro, if you note the event source and id, then this site click here helps identify the cause of the problem. I don't know how applicable this is to other versions of Windows. Is this error causing any other problems? Often Windows XP manages to overcome errors all by itself.

handful 15:07 17 Dec 04

Gongoozler - To be honest, I am resorting to desperate measures as I am one of the unfortunate people who suffer from regular 'windows could not start due to windows\system32\config\system being missing or corrupt'. I am determined to find the source of the problem and I suspected it may be my copy of XP Home so bit the bullet reformatted etc and got XP Pro. I haven't had a crash yet as such but several hangs on user switching. I expect to get my regular crash soon and am trying to see problems which may contribute and the main one seems to be this message about adildr.sys. I also get a 'True Vector' problem which I gather is something to do with Zone Alarm. I will follow your tip and do a search when I get home tomorrow and report back. Thanks

JIM 15:15 17 Dec 04

a Google search imputing the words,"adildr.sys error" in search bar will give you more options.

"Poss more than you want" From usb modems drivers,to memory problems and ati video conflicts etc.? (All in English):)

handful 15:25 17 Dec 04

JIM Thanks for that.....narrows things down a bit;)
I never will understand search engines!

Gongoozler 15:48 17 Dec 04

Searching for your "windows\system32\config\system being missing or corrupt" message throws up a lot of instances, most of them are hardware related but this Microsoft article is interesting click here. If you can give us a complete run down on your hardware configuration it might help us identify if something there is causing your troubles.

handful 16:06 17 Dec 04

Gongoozler
I have done this 'fix' more times than I care to remember. In fact I'd go so far as to say I know it pretty much off by heart! It doesn't always work and usually when it does it doesn't take long to reoccur and I end up reformatting and reinstalling foolishly believing that this time it may be cured...and it isn't!

For info I am running an Mesh Athlon XP2400, Geforce 4600 with 512mb and Matrox 120gb HD. XP Pro, Office XP, Usual array of protection, AVG, Adaware, Spybot, Zone Alarm Pro with web filtering. Fairly bog standard but with USB ADSL modem. I know pretty much everything there is to know about how to get over the problem in the short term but can't seem to find the underlyng cause:( That's why I was wondering if adildr.sys may be contributory factor?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…