Address word Doc.

gengiscant 15:15 21 Aug 10

How do I simply enter an address on the right hand side of an A4 sheet.
Do to problems I am experiencing with the medical profession,i am doing a lot of letter writing and quite simply I would like to make up some headed templates with addresses and reference numbers on the right hand side.
Then I can just have to compose the letter without all the faffing about I am doing at the moment.

VoG II 15:33 21 Aug 10

If you right justify the text it should line up against the right hand edge.

howard64 15:33 21 Aug 10

highlight the address and click on the format right on the top bar. If it is not there click on add remove buttons

Woolwell 16:12 21 Aug 10

Personally I don't like the appearance of the address using right justify. I use increase indent until I get to the right position.

gengiscant 16:15 21 Aug 10

VoG
I'm assuming that right justify is the 6 broken horizontal lines above the word paragraph. If so,yes it moves the address to the right but it is aligned to the right hand margin.Which is not what I want.
I need to put the address which is currently hard up against the left hand margin all the way as it is to the right.
I hope I am making sense.

howard64
" click on add buttons" where is that?

gengiscant 16:15 21 Aug 10

Whats increase ident?

Sea Urchin 16:19 21 Aug 10

If you don't wish to use the right justify button then you will have to simply use the space bar/backspace to set up the address as you want it to appear, and then save it as a template. Each time you type a letter you can open the template instead of just a new Word doc.

gengiscant 16:40 21 Aug 10

That's what I am doing at the moment, so wanted to find out the correct way of doing it ,so to speak.

gengiscant 16:46 21 Aug 10

Sorted it. Highlighted the address then right clicked and there was a symbol below the big A with a brush.Clicked a few times.Whole address over to right.As I said sorted.

Sea Urchin 16:55 21 Aug 10

.....but if you don't want to do that every time you write a letter you should create a template.

gengiscant 16:58 21 Aug 10

Done that.Made a couple of templates and saved.
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…