Address Toolbar

kentylad 08:31 07 Feb 05

I have created an additional set of toolbars that sit at the top of my desktop and include an Address Toolbar, MS Office Toolbar and Favourites.

After installing Mozilla Firefox, and later uninstalling it; the Address toolbar now fails to work with URLs (it WILL work with windows explorer address i.e. C:\Documents and Settings).

I have also noticed the small icon that is generally at the beginneing of the address bar in IE, is now the Windows default for an urecognised file.

Is there a way of repairing the address toolbar? I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling IE but with no luck

Diodorus Siculus 08:41 07 Feb 05

Have you tried a repair of IE?

click here

Or of windows?

kentylad 11:22 07 Feb 05

I did try both of the options for XP (SFC and ie.inf) but neither seemed to work.

The SFC method was not liking my XP Pro CD when prompted, and the ie.inf method just had no effect.....

I will try both again however

kentylad 14:59 07 Feb 05

Re-tried the repair methods for IE, and still the toolbar didn't work (after reboot).

Does the address toolbar work through IE or Windows? Any other ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…