Address files CSV to WAB

Newuser2963 18:21 23 Apr 04

Following having to reinstall windows XP as I have my addresses in CSV format I would like to reatore them to WAD format so that I can use them in outlook express.
Any clues?

Charles Farr

pmjd 19:30 23 Apr 04

I'm fairly sure that you can use OE's import option to convert it to .WAB format.

XP's address book has the ability to import .csv files into it and convert then to .WAB which would be accesable to OE

Hope this helps,

Newuser2963 19:46 24 Apr 04

I'm afraid Outlook Express doesn't do the conversion

pmjd 00:13 26 Apr 04

Just rechecked, you can't use OE to import a .csv address book but you can export to .csv format strangely enough.

However you can import .csv into the windows address book in win2000 and XP (I did check this!). Just choose "other address book" in the import options, then pick "Text format (.csv)" option. From there I think they will automatically pop up in OE.

beeuuem 01:44 26 Apr 04

Assuming that you are using OE6 open OE and use File > Import > Other address book. Select Text File (Comma Seperated Values) and navigate to the file you want to import.

beeuuem 01:46 26 Apr 04

Should read previous responses before posting!

Newuser2963 18:11 26 Apr 04

Thanks all using other address book CSV files transfer OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…