Address on envelopes in Word

fstr 11:58 15 Jun 05

it sems whatever size envelope I select in Word 2003 the address is always right at the bottom of the envelope. looks funny is there any way to get it nearer the middle.

Technotiger 12:12 15 Jun 05

Hi, I am not a Word expert, but I type all my addresses to envelopes. I save the actual address as a word Document, usually using the Centre format option, and then I practice with a plain sheet of paper, to position the address to print exactly as I want it to appear on the envelope. Once I have the position to my liking I then Save that document so that it is all ready for future use.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Big Elf 12:13 15 Jun 05

Click on Tools, Envelopes and labels, then click the Options button. Use the settings in the Delivery Address section to change the from top and from left setings.

freaky 16:21 15 Jun 05

What Big Elf suggested is correct, you can move the address left-right and up-down to suit your preferences before printing the envelope.

scottyc 16:34 15 Jun 05

You can print directly to address labels bought from any major retailer. The templates are already there.
Goto Tools,Letters and Mailings,Envelopes and Labels, select labels then options, in the drop down box all the major address label companies (Avery etc) have listed their settings for your pleasure!!!! (Remember to select single label if you do not want a whole page!!) 'Voila' no more addresses at the bottom of the envelope (unless you stick it there!!!)

drho 17:28 15 Jun 05

I agree with Technotiger. I have used that method for years and found it to be most satisfactory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…