address book in vista

mad1234 07:51 13 Oct 07

i have just bought a new pc with windows vista pre installed & have managed to import all my old emails & address book form my old pc.
on my old pc in outlook express under the local folders i had my address book which i could just double click on a contact to open a new mail box with the address already inserted of the sender. in windows mail i would like to have the same but i can't seem to find the settings
can anyone help?
thanks

BurrWalnut 08:52 13 Oct 07

Sadly, the feature has been removed.

mad1234 09:04 13 Oct 07

aww nuts
thanks BurrWalnut

Technotiger 09:14 13 Oct 07

click here

If you click on "What happened to Windows Address Book" at the bottom of the page, you will see that according to this, Windows Contacts retains All the features of the Address Book!!

I don't have Vista, but hope this helps you.

hssutton 10:29 13 Oct 07

With the address book open right click on your contact then "Action">>"Send Email"

mad1234 08:01 16 Oct 07

thanks hssutton
thanks Technotiger - but if all the features are there then how come i cant put my contacts on the main window?
i think i will giveup & show the others how to get round this one. they won't like it(i think they are illergic to change lol) but what can i do?

BurrWalnut 09:08 16 Oct 07

If you're running the 'Sidebar', you can put the Contacts in it (even drag it to the desktop). Then click a name to send an email.

mad1234 09:17 16 Oct 07

thanks BurrWalnut i'll look at that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009