address book in office 2000

Newusered 16:33 14 Sep 03

i would like to alter the view of the address book to last name. i can in outlook and outlook express, how does one do it in office.

DieSse 17:57 14 Sep 03

What do you mean "in Office" - there is no program called Office - Office consists of Word, Excel, Outlook etc - it's just the name for the overall suite of programs, not a program itself.

Taff36 09:53 15 Sep 03

Try this, It seems to work in Office XP and Office 97 so 2000 ought to be the same:

Start Address book thus START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>ADDRESS BOOK

On the menu bar select VIEW>SORT BY>LAST NAME

Providing you have entered the information correctly into the address book in the first place you will get last names first.

Newusered 11:07 15 Sep 03

thanks taff36 i've just tried that and in word97 it's still in first name order

Taff36 11:46 15 Sep 03

In Word 97? We`re getting a bit confused here!

Did you manage to open the address book the way I told you? If so do it again and check one of the entries by double clicking it to open the entry.Go to the NAME TAB and check that the first name and last name are entered in the correct boxes. If you find that the ENTIRE name is entered in the "first name" box it obviously cant sort by the last name.

DieSse 13:01 15 Sep 03

Can you tell us how you're trying to open the address book in Word97 please. I see you didn't mena Office after all, you meant Word.

DieSse 13:02 15 Sep 03

PS - Is it th 97 version or the 2000 version - you've said both so far, so a bit of clarification would help.

Newusered 13:48 15 Sep 03

the names are in their correct boxes and it is sorted by last name in address book via accessories. when i go into word in office 97 or 2000 and in tools envelopes & labels or letter wizard

Taff36 14:16 15 Sep 03

Ah! Now I see where you`re coming from. I have never used Outlook so haven`t come across this one. You`re trying to alter the view from Word.

Take note DieSse! Now can you help him? cos I`m out of my depth!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…