Address book

tes 09:48 23 Oct 04

I want to export my address book but when i go to tools,file. export & inport is greyed out.Why?

Eastender 10:35 23 Oct 04

Are you selecting 'Text File (C.S.V) from the box?

Eastender 10:39 23 Oct 04

Sorry tes, your not getting that far are you. Are you trying to export from OE or the Address Book itself?

rawprawn 11:41 23 Oct 04

Where do you want to export it, is there an import option at your chosen destination ?

tes 12:00 23 Oct 04

Eastender. From the address book
Rawprawn.I want to export it to a floppy

rawprawn 12:09 23 Oct 04

Go to your address book select edit,Select all, then copy the addresses highlighted. put your floppy in the drive put your curser in the right hand panel , right click and select paste.

tes 12:21 23 Oct 04

rawprawn.right hand panel of what,sorry for being so thick

rawprawn 13:07 23 Oct 04

Sorry I did not explain so that you can understand. Open Windows Explorer, put your floppy in the drive then go to My computer and negociate to the floppy drive.and click on it. The right hand panel is where you would normally see the contents of the floppy in the drive, but I assume that because you are wanting to put your address book on it it will be empty. So on the right hand side of the window there will be nothing showing.Right click anywhere on there and select "Paste" (assuming you have already selected copy from your address book) the whole contents of your address book will be copied to your floppy. If you the click on any name in there it will open the box with all the details in it. Ihope you can understand now. Good luck.

tes 13:41 23 Oct 04

rawprawn. Tried that.---Get---Cannotcopy fileCannot read from source file or disc

rawprawn 13:54 23 Oct 04

Reboot and try again, It should work no problem don't load any prorams until you have done it. After you have booted Just go straght Start/All Programs/Accessories/Address Book and follow my earlier instructions.

rawprawn 15:21 23 Oct 04

A silly question, but have you formatted your floppy disc ? that could cause the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…