address bar not available in IE

ceejay 16:17 09 Dec 04

Silver surfer problem I'm trying to help a friend, he has a google address bar and now is unable to find the original address bar, how can I get it back please

Sapins 16:21 09 Dec 04

Click on View/toolbars and click on Address Bar

ceejay 16:41 09 Dec 04

Tried that and it made no difference,how can I get rid of the google bar?

JoeC 16:51 09 Dec 04

" To delete the google toolbar Click the google Icon on your toolbar, scroll down to uninstall. Click. Click Again "

JoeC 16:52 09 Dec 04

reckons it should be able to be uninstalled via Add / Remove programmes. I don't use it myself ( the toolbar I mean ) so cannot say if this is correct.

Djohn 19:05 09 Dec 04

Look to the top of explorer window and click on "View" then toolbars and from the menu place a tick at the side of "Address bar" It will now be back on show. Might be a good Idea to place a tick in the "Lock the toolbars" from the same section while your there.

VoG II 19:08 09 Dec 04

Or, it may have become hidden.

Right click on the toolbar, untick Lock the toolbars.

Left click on the right hand end of the toolbar, keep the mouse button pressed, and drag down and to the left.

Sapins 20:19 09 Dec 04

It works ok for me and you can get rid of the Google toolbar the same route, doesn't remove it from the system though. Maybe I didn't make it clear enough!

With a IE window open click on View, third from left at the top of the screen, the menu drops down, then hover the mouse pointer over Toolbars, you can then tick or untick any of the toolbars in the menu to add or remove them. You can lock the toolbar by ticking next to that icon.

Eric10 20:19 09 Dec 04

If you can still see the word "Address" but not the area to type in, unlock the toolbars if they are locked (as mentioned above) then double click on "Address".

ceejay 21:20 09 Dec 04

Will try the options, common sense tells me that they will work, I live in hope, thanks everybody

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…