address bar gone!!!

Taw® 19:19 28 Apr 04

Had probs last night on my young girls comp. spyware etc. Helpfully assisted by Diodorus. However in IE she no longer has the address bar. By right clicking the toolbar and selecting address bar the word address appears faded out but no were to put the web address. I have tried grabbing but nothing. I have installed AVANT for her so there is no major dillema just wondering how to get it back!

dez fowler 20:38 28 Apr 04

have you checked the toolbar isn't locked? right click and click 'Lock the Toolbars' if it has a tick by it. You should then be able to drag it.

Taw® 22:33 28 Apr 04

Always amazed that when youn look to deep into aproblem you miss the obvious. Thanks dez

Stuartli 09:44 29 Apr 04

Have you also right clicked and checked that Address Bar has a tick by it (also Standard Tool Bar)?

You then enable the tick for Lock the Toolbars.

If you want to alter the sequence or items on the Toolbar use Customise after unticking Lock the Toolbar) and then retick when you have finished.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…