Add/Remove Programs (Some wont erase) Please Read:

Mad Boy 17:51 18 Jan 03
  Mad Boy 17:51 18 Jan 03

Start>settings>control panel>add/remove programs:

Using Windows 98se.

Is there any tools to clean the add/remove list. I burned to cd some of my files to keep small hard drive to a minimum (11GB HD) (566mhz intel celeron processor) and when going to the add/remove list upon trying to uninstall it it usually says cant find the uninstall file, if im lucky it may say remove from list (not most of the time though) Is there any free tolls to clean this? I dont want to spend hours looking into the registry, if i have to!

Thanks

Elrond 17:53 18 Jan 03

click here

download jv16 powertools. It's good but be careful when deleting anything from the registry. There will be an area to remove things from the add/remove programs

crx16 17:54 18 Jan 03

some programs uninstall thru start/programs/X/uninstall. 'X' being the program in question.

Mad Boy 17:55 18 Jan 03

ok Thanks, be back soon....

Djohn 17:55 18 Jan 03

Mad Boy, not the answer you wanted, but yes I believe there is. this very problem was raised a few weeks back and an answer was posted. Regards J

Mad Boy 18:00 18 Jan 03

Downloading jv16 powertools

Mad Boy 18:08 18 Jan 03

SOMETHING BAD HAS JUST HAPPENED UPON DOING WHAT crx16 SAID:

now when trying to access the add/remove list it says "ACCESS TO THE SPECIFIC DEVICE,PATH, OR FILE IS DENIED"

what should i do?

Djohn 18:33 18 Jan 03

Mad Boy, Not sure but don't alter anything! this will bring you back to the top and someone will advise. J.

Djohn 18:41 18 Jan 03

Help needed with this one guys!

« Ravin » 18:46 18 Jan 03

so has this been resolved ? if not you could download tweak ui from the power toys section of ms site which allows you to remove entries from add/remove progs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…