Add/Remove Programs problem

Dazwm 19:55 09 Jul 03

I am trying to remove some programs from my computer which take up alot of room and I don't use anymore, but when I go into add/remove programs it won't let me. I am running XP. Is there any software which will remove them?

barrie_g 20:01 09 Jul 03

look in Start/All Programs/what you want to uninstall, to see if it has its own uninstall option.

-pops- 20:04 09 Jul 03

If these programs are in use or have been loaded at startup, it will not be easy to remove them without closure.

Jamie.com 20:05 09 Jul 03

Add/Remove Plus! 2003 v4.0

click here

woodchip 20:07 09 Jul 03

No uninstall programs work on the basis of watching the changes made to your drive and making a log so they can be removed later. the only way is to make a note of main program name or the one that's in add remove, then delete folder in explorer do a find on the name you have copied and delete the ones associated with the program the rest is in the registry. You can try regclean or you can edit the reg your self to clear it.

-pops- 20:07 09 Jul 03

Sorry, posted too quick.

Try starting in safe mode and deleting from there. Make sure you are backed up first as it has been known for Windows to turn base over apex if it doesn't like the uninstalling you've done.

Take it easy and only remove one program per boot up whichever method you choose to do it.

Belatucadrus 20:12 09 Jul 03

A couple of freebies worth trying out :-

click here

click here

Jester2K II 20:23 09 Jul 03

"it won't let me" - Please explain what happens EXACTLY?

Dazwm 20:25 09 Jul 03

I click on the program that I want to remove then change/remove but nothing happens

woodchip 20:26 09 Jul 03

That as come out of the blue, what "it won't let me"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…