Add/Remove Programs list problem

Sethhaniel 10:39 25 Jan 05

Win xp sp2
- when I open add/remove programs it builds list
of programs installed lists maybe 'a - d' but then theres a gap of 12 inches to scroll down before you get 'e to x' - if you arrange them in size or date or whatever - you still get the same gap in list - any way to correct this ;)

ACOLYTE 11:03 25 Jan 05

I have had this in the past i dont know why it happens and i didnt try to fix as add/remove still worked but i will watch this for a way solve it.

Sethhaniel 11:06 25 Jan 05

with no luck-
have to keep my eyes on the forum ;)

rawprawn 11:18 25 Jan 05

click here This sounds like a similar problem, but there is a "black" part instead of just a gap. It might be worth trawling thru.Hope this helps.

ACOLYTE 11:27 25 Jan 05

The part about the error occurs where the program installed is hopeful maybe uninstall the program at the start of the gap,may work don't know.

Sethhaniel 11:48 25 Jan 05

Gap is not after one particular program - as in the different sort orders it is in same position in list - not after a certain program

rawprawn
have got a copy from your link and see if that software is on my system

Let you know ;)

Sethhaniel 13:14 25 Jan 05

Yep that seems to be the one - I have copied the registry tweak & downloaded the fix and will give it a bash tonight -
let you know in the morning ;)

Sethhaniel 08:13 26 Jan 05

non-of those reg downloads did the job - both said when ran that white space was removed - but it wasn't ----

But then I found the culprit in registry key hkey_classes_root\.hta under that key was a folder with the dubious name 'PersistentHandler' with default data {eec97550-47a9-11cf-b952-00aa0051fe20} I exported that folder and then deleted it from registry and problem solved - back to add/remove as it should be ;)

---thanks all - tick coming up :)

Sethhaniel 14:32 26 Jan 05

Looks like PersistentHandler is a common windows folder - but in registry fix there is no mention of folder under .hta - so after exporting it - didn't even have to reboot - just started add/remove and could see the difference straight away - but will hang on before deleting affending item.

Sethhaniel 08:55 27 Jan 05

and no ill effects elsewhere ........ ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…