Add/Remove Programs

acfc 06:53 11 May 03

I want to add a Windows component however when I access Add/remove programs/Windows setup I receive a rundll32 error in a white box followed by 'rundll32 has caused an error in setupx.dll'

Any ideas??

acfc 07:08 11 May 03

Forgot to mention I'm running Windows ME

billyliv 08:09 11 May 03

Hi, My way of thinking is that it is a missing or corrupt file that is required for set up. I dont know if you have the repair option in ME. but one way I suppose is to over instal or put your disc in and do a file search and instal. Cheers, Bill

acfc 08:29 11 May 03

Thanks billyliv but unfortunately I don't know if there is a repair option in ME either ~ does anyone else?

I do not have a Windows disk only the restore disk and I don't want to reformat ~ I'd rather do without the add on.

acfc 09:43 11 May 03

I have succeeded in extracting systemx.dll from the cab files in case this was corrupt but this did not cure the problem.

Any more ideas?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:57 11 May 03

click here should have your answer.

G

acfc 11:16 11 May 03

Thanks Gandalf but it didn't work. My problem is not adding additional hardware but Windows components.

Any more ideas please?

billyliv 12:12 11 May 03

Hi, Is there by any chance that you can get the component you want downloaded from the internet? I dont know what component you want to instal. Cheers, Bill

Tigger1 12:20 11 May 03

Hi you may want to try a download from Microsofts site, if you know which program the component is in then get the prog from the web it should only replace what is missing, hope this helps

acfc 13:06 11 May 03

It is access to all the Windows options like Games, Sounds, backup, Tools, fax etc etc that I have lost so I will persevere with trying to repair it.

Any more ideas?

acfc 06:38 12 May 03

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…