Add/Remove Programs

Ade_1 13:00 22 Jan 06

For some reason my friends add or remove programs is not working properly as its not showing up many, its only showing up a couple from A and thats it. He doesnt have a virus or anything but i think it may be to do with his registry keys maybe as thats what i have been told before. But he wouild appriciate any help :)
Thanks
Ade

Heres a screenshot of what it looks like click here

VoG II 13:06 22 Jan 06

Silly question but have you tried scrolling down right to the bottom of the list?

gudgulf 13:06 22 Jan 06

Try this first

Quote:"The fix for this, from Kelly's Korner, isolates the registry
entries for the Add/Remove Programs window, at:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
It suggests that the white space is caused by a sub-entry of
that registry folder in which the program has an entry for
Display Icon which contains a negative number for the icon:
"C:\Program Files\Logitech\IM Video Companion\VideoIM.exe",-1
for example. Not all programs will have a Display Icon entry,
so it might not take too long to find the one that does. The
icon number should be a positive number, so just eliminating
the negative sign should work, or, if not, you could just
delete the Display Icon entry for that program. The rest of
the information should still load."

If that doesn't work there are more suggestions here click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:07 22 Jan 06

Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here

Ade_1 13:08 22 Jan 06

yes VoG, and when you click at the bottom or anywhere under the last one that you can see its just a big blue area

Ade_1 13:19 22 Jan 06

he is trying the

sfc /scannow

now so hopefully it will help :) problem is, and ihave the same is that he didnt get a CD with his computer neither did i, maybe its a dell thing...

beynac 13:36 22 Jan 06

Your Windows files should be on your hard drive in a folder named 'i386'. If asked for the cd just browse to that folder.

Ade_1 13:41 22 Jan 06

i wondered about that. I must say i think its slihgly annoying how they dont provide a Recovery CD etc. Is it possible to make your own?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:44 22 Jan 06

Use the link I provide to see how to get sfc to use the i386 folder on the hard drive.

Ade_1 13:46 22 Jan 06

ok:)

beynac 13:46 22 Jan 06

My Dell had an option to burn a Windows XP cd on the Programs menu. I can't remeber exactly where it appeared but it was in one of the Dell folders. The option disappears once you have burned the cd. If you PC is fairly recent you may have the same option.

See click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…