add/remove programs

morgueman 15:31 08 May 05

Hello all, just cleaning up my hard drive. Looked in add/remove pregrams in control panal and came across several entries, Windows XP Hotfix, with various numbes after them. They all have when they were installed. I was wondering if i need to keep all these programs or if i can delete any of them, just leaving the last one that was installed? Would like any help with this, thanks,
morgueman

Belatucadrus 15:43 08 May 05

Keep them all

bretsky 16:03 08 May 05

Yes keep them all, you need them or your pc does.
If you do delete them, windows updates will only replace them so you will be going round in circles not unless you are replacing a sp, eg sp1 for sp2 which is a little more involved and not to be done lightly or for the novice.

bretsky ;0)

speccykid 17:10 08 May 05

take the advice and don,t remove.i did 6 months ago and copped it something cronic.(i was thinking the same as you at the time).i think it always best to come to this site to seek advive...you will receive good advice 99% of the time.good luck

bretsky 17:50 08 May 05

"you are replacing a sp, eg:sp1 for sp2"

Should read the other way around, sp2 for sp1!

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…