add/remove program

eddie937 11:30 18 Oct 03

i have manually uninstalled some programs from my hard drive, so when i go into add/remove programs and try to uninstall them it says it can't find the uninstaller(cos i have already uninstalled them). How do i get rid of the program name from add/remove programs.
i'm running xp pro

ntlman 11:40 18 Oct 03

sad u have to use the regedit to edit the registry and thats the only way u can get rid of it now my advice is to always use add and remove.
But u probally no that now

eddie937 11:46 18 Oct 03

ntlman, where in the registry do i find the add/remove files,please

Belatucadrus 12:51 18 Oct 03

click here tru MyUninstaller, it can clean dead entries from the uninstall list.

mark e 12:58 18 Oct 03

you could try rinstalling then removing them

eddie937 13:10 18 Oct 03

thanks belatucadrus, i tried myuninstaller but it cant find some programs that are still in my add/remove program tray.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:12 18 Oct 03

U could try Tweakiu windows power tools give you the option to remove add/remove entries of uninstalled programs.

Regards

eddie937 13:12 18 Oct 03

cheers mark e however it is old software that i either downloaded of the internet or old disks that i don't have anymore

eddie937 13:17 18 Oct 03

a nickname do you have a link please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…