add/remove problems

greyballs 13:35 14 Sep 08

hi i am trying to uninstall a couple of prog,s
namely winrar,and an old java 5.0. on the winrar
i get the message 'cannot open file uninstall list' and for the latter i get 'error 1316' also a box saying 'fatel error'. i have seen some uninstall progs to download,but why should these be any differant,any ideas out there cheers.

ambra4 15:20 14 Sep 08

Forget Microsoft Add/Remove program as it leave files in the registry and on the hard

drive which will causes problem uninstalling and reinstalling programs

Revo Uninstaller

click here

If the windows request message to reboot appear DO NOT click the NO button Revo will

now search the registry and hard drive for any files that is not required, just click the

Select All button and the Delete button if any left over files are found once the “Finish”

button appear you can than reboot the computer

greyballs 17:54 14 Sep 08

hi ambre4 just cheked my e mail,but i have to go to work so will try your advice tomorrow ,just one thing i also have winaso reg cleaner installed and its uninstall prog gives me the same errors ? so would you still advise your link
cheers will let you know how i get on.

ambra4 18:19 14 Sep 08

Yes just use Revo Uninstaller to remove all programs and just forget Microsoft add/remove program is installed

greyballs 16:41 15 Sep 08

cheers for that ambra4 revo did its stuff! looks a neat prog for freeware.

ambra4 18:19 15 Sep 08

Glad to be of help

Tick the box ans click resolved

Enjoy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…