addon router . low frequency

ilsonmuppet 21:20 08 Mar 09

hi , can anyone help me , or my mate more like . he`s got a addon router and using his wireless laptop for nearly a year now , but all of a sudden he can`t get onto the internet.I`ve tried wlan switch on the laptop and checked that the switch is on .thats ok , but it won`t connect to the internet coz it`s say`s it has a low freqency !!! I`ve tried my laptop and that works fine ( both have vista by the way.)i even tried his laptop on my router and eventually i got it to work .so i tried his laptop back on his router again and the same thing happened .......low frequency. Could it be the security settings of some kind ?? he`s using wep and i`am on wpa

brundle 22:35 08 Mar 09

Frequency may be refering to wireless channel frequency. Try 6 or 11, the frequencies go up with the channel numbers as you'd expect. If the router is already using channel 1 the aforementioned are the only others that don't overlap other channel's frequencies. No need to try any others.

ilsonmuppet 23:30 09 Mar 09

thnx for the info brundle , i will try that next.I know mine is set at 11 so is that proberly why he could connect to my router then ? but then again why did i connect with no probs onto his router?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac