Additional virus alert

sattman 14:05 19 Mar 04

This is a heads up message

I have like most recieved my share of the recent netsky virus email attachments, Norton has succesfully alerted and quarantined.

Last night I got a email from a unknown source that had all the appearances of yet another but this time Norton did not detect it.

The name on the attachment was

"Norton Antivirus Deleted1.txt"

Suffice to say that I deleted both email and attachment.

ventanas 14:57 19 Mar 04

I think this is a message from Norton saying that it has detected and deleted the virus from the mail before it got to your inbox.

sattman 22:29 19 Mar 04

Please enlighten me are you saying that Norton would pick this up on the server of my ISP?

Surely if Norton detected a virus it would not send the file on to me as a attachment.

bluebird 22:33 19 Mar 04

they should string these bas****s up. Why do these people create such things. What plesure do they get?

ventanas 21:30 20 Mar 04

Sorry for the time lag.

We get these all the time at work. The mail is infected with Netsky. We "believe" that Norton strips it out on our mail server and then sends this message explaining what it has done.

But just like you we do not take the chance. We have not bothered to read one. However I can verify that the infected is removed.

bluebird, I heartily agree and will gladly supply the rope.

VoG II 21:40 20 Mar 04

Had an e-mail from Blueyonder (my ISP ) today. Netsky removed from an e-mail. Good for them. If I'd been silly enough to have received the original and opened the attachment then my McAfee would have caught it but IMO this is excellent service.

sattman 16:43 22 Mar 04

Thanks all for your replies

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…