Additional USB 2 Ports

bremner 11:40 19 Jun 04

I want to increase the number of USB ports on my machine.

I have seen a 4 port USB2 direct access hub which would fit into an empty 5.25 inch bay on the front of my machine. click here

My question is my mobo is fairly old, an Asus A7A266E, would the USB header connection on the mobo provide USB2 performance or would I only get USB1 performance. The manual does not show a tranfer speed for the headers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:49 19 Jun 04

click here according to this sit it only has 1.1

Best way is to buy a USB2 card approx £12 although ports would be on back, youneed I think XP with service pack 1 to run USB2 or drivers for older systems click here is best site on web for USB probs.

bremner 12:02 19 Jun 04

Thanks for that. I really want the prots at the front as I have six 1.1's at the back.

I think I will just hang fire for a couple of months as I intend to ungrade the mobo then.

Sapins 12:02 19 Jun 04

Hi bremner, I recently bought a USB 2.0 scanner and had no USB 2.0 ports so I bought a Trust 5 port USB 2.0 Upgrade kit and hub. It was easy to install plus it has a good user manual and it also gives you 3 ports at the front of the tower as well as 2 at the back. My motherboard is also quite old, I've had the computer 4yrs now.

bremner 12:03 19 Jun 04

I assume this was a PCI card ?

Sapins 12:07 19 Jun 04

Yes it is, just checked the box.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…