Additional Language - How to install???

lulu100 13:53 01 Jul 03

I wanted to install a second language (Chinese) on my PC so that I can view Chinese websites. The PC asked me to insert the WINXP Service Pack 1 CD. I tried to insert the WINXP set up CD but it does not work. I also tried to download the WINXP Service Pack (SP1a) from the Microsoft website but it still asks for the WINXP Service Pack 1 CD. Where can I get this CD (do I have to buy another CD) or can I download it free from somewhere.

Your help please. Thank you.

Roland Butter 16:45 01 Jul 03

Have you tried pointing to the downloaded (& expanded) file rather than than the CD?

lulu100 22:19 02 Jul 03

Thanks for your suggestion but I could not find the Service Pack SP2 I installed. I can only see them in the 'Add/Delete Program' panel appeared as Hotfix PS2.... I think basically they just reconfigurated some settings in my system rather than downloading additional files to my computer. The files I needed to install the language is cplexe.exe and I performed a search for all files but could not find it. Any more help/suggestions please?

Thanks

Qmar 23:11 02 Jul 03

please give an example of a website you are trying to view.

Qmar 23:14 02 Jul 03

is this any use..
click here

I have Win98.. I had the impression that XP was a 'Whizz' at sorting out such capabilities..?

woodchip 23:24 02 Jul 03
  lulu100 20:45 04 Jul 03

Thanks for your suggestion, Qmar. The web page I am trying to open is hk.yahoo.com. In my old PC (Window 98) I can view the page with traditional Chinese. But with Win XP it asked me to insert a WinXP Service Pack 1 CD to install the language pack. I have contacted Carrera's (manufacturer of PC)technical support. They told me that I have to buy a separate CD from them as this is a special release for Carrera computers. I just wonder whether this is true and if I can find alternative free source.

Any more advice please?

Qmar 01:10 05 Jul 03

..I'm still thinking.. might be worth emailing Pesala? (see tab next to name.)

Qmar 01:18 05 Jul 03

read here..click here

Qmar 01:27 05 Jul 03

(something wierd happened to the link? in my browser anyway.)

Danoh 01:35 05 Jul 03

I went onto Microsoft UK's web site a while back and submitted a request for a CD-ROM which duly arrived. But I can't remember the exact web site address.

There is an online link; click here;EN-US;322389

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…