adding wireless connection

bruno 15:51 12 Nov 05

My mate bought his son a laptop from Dell last week.Now his son has decided he needs to have a wireless set up.I am not sure of the model but it was one at the lower end if the price range.What is needed to enable to function as he wants?

johnnyrocker 16:12 12 Nov 05

a wireless network card, click here for further info

johnny.

You would get a more detailed answer from the networking forum.Basically he needs to have a card as suggested by JR above, or a USB adapter, then he will need a wireless/modem router, to send the signal to his laptop.Was it classed as WiFi ready?(if so it will already have the card in it)

bruno 19:23 12 Nov 05

Debe
I don't think it is claassified as ready.I will have to get more details from him on Monday
Thank you both for the replies.

bruno 12:05 13 Nov 05

He rang Dell and they told him all he needed for his Inspiron 1200 was a PCI card,which he has ordered.

Does he have a router? If not the PCI card wont pick up a wireless signal, as there wont be one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…