adding website email address to Outlook

Noisette 14:45 20 Apr 09

Hi anyone PLEASE!
I have just had a new web site designed for a small business i am going to run. I have been given an email address for the website but don't know how to get outlook to recognise it. I have tried adding a new email account but then it says it can't connect. can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

Clapton is God 15:28 20 Apr 09

Who is hosting that address?

If you know which ISP, you can visit their website to find what the POP3 and SMTP settings should be for Outlook.

Woolwell 17:48 20 Apr 09

Sounds as if you have a domain set up for you and on the webpage there is an e-mail link. How that works and how you get the e-mails depends on how it was set up eg it forwards to your normal e-mail or you have to collect and whether it is POP or IMAP. Whoever set it up should have told you how to access the e-mails.

Noisette 10:47 21 Apr 09

Hello Clapton and Woolwell
thanks for your replies.
the ISP we have is Orange and Hostgator hosts the website.
the guy who set up the site /new email address gave me the details to add a new account in Outlook but i keep on getting the dialogue box up saying "enter network password "(for new mail address account) even though i put one in.
All i want to do is look at my new email address mail in the outlook program i have already!

Woolwell 14:28 21 Apr 09

Have you followed this through click here ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…