Adding a Webcam to my PC

thumbscrew 23:19 20 Sep 14

I've a cheap webcam installed on my Windows 7 PC and decided to upgrade. I bought a much more expensive one and decided to leave the cheap one on as well as the new one. Tried this and it played havoc, lost the original webcam and couldn't install the new one. Finally sorted it out with a System Restore and now I've only got the new one installed. I thought that my system would support both....can anyone help please?

northumbria61 04:18 21 Sep 14

You may find something in this link Webcam Troubleshooting - Windows 7

northumbria61 04:26 21 Sep 14

Previous link related to HP computers - but - 2 Webcams says you must have 2 separate programs for them both to work. I don't know if this is your problem?

bumpkin 09:21 21 Sep 14

I am not sure exactly what you want to do but this is what I use click here to switch between 2 webcams, you do not have to have the capture running.

thumbscrew 12:24 21 Sep 14

Thank you northumbria and bumpkin, seems like two webcams may conflict and I'll stay with my original one that's back up and working now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…