Adding text to scanned documents

Iceman244 18:17 30 Dec 07

I have scanned a document to my PC which is a table like document that I want to use as a template and add text to the cells / grids.

I have saved it as a word document after pasting it into word from clipboard. But when I try to insert text into the cells a symbol which looks like four arrows appears and as I double click a box appears saying format picture.

How do I insert text and am I doing something wrong?

I want to scan other documents in the future for work such as forms and insert the text on the computer rather than filling in the actual form, so is there a way of doing this.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ice

VoG II 18:31 30 Dec 07

Scanning produces an image (picture) which - when you insert it into Word - is not editable (at least, not as far as easily entering text is concerned).

You need to use an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to scan in and convert to text. You may find that such a program came bundled with your scanner.

john bunyan 14:14 31 Dec 07

Iceman224
As VoG says you need an OCR programme - a good one is Scansoft OmniPage , various versions at different prices and often bundled eith scanners. You can convert to text or a spreadsheet for numbers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…