adding sound to a picture slide show

johnnyrocker 23:37 14 Oct 05

does anyone have any suggestions about the best way to go about this please?

johnny.

DieSse 23:52 14 Oct 05

Depends on the program - whether you can, and how you would do so - look in the help files and/or tell us what program you are using to create the slide show.

johnnyrocker 23:56 14 Oct 05

thanks for the reply it is for a friend who has asked me tonight i have suggested irfanview but not sure what he is using to create the slideshow but will ask.

johnny.

Catastrophe 03:29 15 Oct 05

Opus Illuminatus (and probably several other progs) will do that, but it is probably 'overkill'.

ICF 07:25 15 Oct 05

Try Photostory3 it's free and very good I use it

click here

Sans le Sou 09:08 15 Oct 05

As ever Nerovision if you have it.

jack 09:10 15 Oct 05

Pretty wall all my digiphoto work is turned into slide 'movies' beutiful sounds.
I use in the main DVDPixplay fromclick here
and XATSHOW from click here

The preferred file is MP3 though xat does auto convert from WAV and others.
It is a simple drag and drop procedure in each case within a designated window.although the files appear huggermugger with the pix and the proggies sorts them .

In each case the program will fit the music to the image show duration- looping the sequence as required.
With practice the individual tracks can be made to fit exactly a particular sequence of images, using an editor such as MP3Surgeon [free on many PCA disks
Have fun it a great way to stay away from the the idiots lantern.

PC Bilbo 09:36 15 Oct 05

If you use XP and have Movie Maker you can create a slide show and add, titles, captions, sound or commentary in that.I have used this method without any problems.

Newuser4165 09:41 15 Oct 05

Have a look at Proshow Gold 2 from Photodex - it supports burning to CD and DVD which other programs such as photostory don't:-
click here

johnnyrocker 11:23 15 Oct 05

plenty of options and my thanks to all,

have a good weekend.

johnny.

hssutton 11:26 15 Oct 05

I'm in agreement with Newuser4165 Proshow is probably the best out there. You can view examples click here or my basic offering by typing hssutton in the member name box and then select "High Flier"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos