Adding small icons to Quick Launch area of Taskbar

I have Windows98SE. I wish to put the Outlook Express and Internet Explorer icons into the Quick Launch area(next to Start)on the Taskbar.This area is empty at present.I have right clicked the Taskbar and then Toolbars on the drop down menu.This gives another menu containing Links,Address,Desktop,Quick Launch and New Toolbar none of which are checked.I click Quick Launch and I get a small window saying `Cannot create toolbar`.How do I proceed to complete the operation I require?

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:51 05 Jan 03

Put your mouse pointer over the icon on the desktop-left click and hold-drag down to QL bar-let go.

G

« Ravin » 18:52 05 Jan 03

then maybe there aren't any icons in the quick launch tool bar. maybe you have to go to the folder and drop a few icons there and then click to view the quick launch toolbar. i use win xp and the quick launch folder is here: C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer

can t remember exactly where it is in 98 but try going from the windows folder.

Wak 18:52 05 Jan 03

Left click on an icon on the Desk top and simply drag it down onto the task bar.
To remove an icon from the task bar, drag it back to the desk top. right click and select delete.

Wak 19:00 05 Jan 03

Sorry Gandalf and Ravin, you weren't there when I first looked.
Still, twice the info is better than none at all, I guess!

jazzypop 19:27 05 Jan 03

The previous replies will all be helpful, once you can actually create the QuickLaunch toolbar to drag the icons onto.

click here for straightforward instructions on how to create your toolbar. There are further links at the bottom of the page to allow you to customise it, similar to the advice given above.

mackaycc 23:17 05 Jan 03

I haven't read the link posted above, so forgive me if I'm repeating what is contained in it, but the easiest way to do what you're wanting is to right click on the taskbar go to toolbars and then click on quick launch. This should automatically give you the quick launch task bar containing IE, OE and media player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…