Adding RAM to a Cyrix MII

Lea 01:04 30 May 03

I have a Packard Bell computer with Cyrix MII processor and 60 Mb of RAM. I would like more but read on the Internet that this cannot be done. Is there any way round this or do I have to buy another computer?

Thanks,

Lea

its more to do with the chipset than the processor, what motherboard do you have, my m11 sits on an aopen board that will not allow more than 24 chips.

to be frank about it the M11 is so slow by todays standards it is hardly worth investing in ram for it, 64mb is enough to run win9x/me and the processor and graphics wont be up to much anyway, a great processor in its day but that day is long gone

Lea 14:21 30 May 03

Motherboard? Um....not sure about that. I seem to have everything on my Belarc Advisor profile except that unless it's under another name. Yes you are probably right....so now I have to decide whether to invest in another computer or stick to the old one. I wish I'd known about Cyrix when I bought the thing. Thanks for your help.

Lea

roygbiv 17:09 30 May 03

I had a CYRIX MIII, It was under Pacardc Bell 850 (motherboard MBKMVP4??) found a good site with details (and photo of mobo) Will look for more info and post it Here.
Alan.

roygbiv 17:15 30 May 03

Found it,. look at uksupport.co.uk/pb/mb/850.htm or any thing on that site ( i found it quite helpfull).
CYRIX MIII or PAC> BELL 850 or FR500-2 (all the same thing ?????).

Lea 17:54 30 May 03

Many thanks for your help. I've been on the Packard Bell website several times.....unfortunately their efficency doesn't match PC Advisor....a long story!!!!!!!!

Lea

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…