//some 3rd party need geo

Adding ram

hector710 13:48 09 Mar 04

I have recently upgraded my “box” to a 1.67 gigahertz AMD Athlon XP; main circuit board: Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD MS-6390 Bus Clock: 133 megahertz.
It has a 256 MB memory chip in slot A0; slot A1 is empty.
My old box was a 700 megahertz Intel Pentium III; main board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 693A-596B-8671 Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
It has a 128 MB chip in slot bank0; 64 MB in bank1, 32 MB in bank 2.
Can anyone forsee any problems if I put the 128 MB chip into my new box, into the empty slot A1?
I use W98 SE.

You dont say what the two memory types are - so long as they are the same there will be no problems

smudge101 15:58 09 Mar 04

Your older memory will be PC100 whereas your newer will be PC133. Not really a problem to run them but your memory will run at the slower speed of the two. The difference in speed should be small but you will have to try it to see if the reduced speed is more than compensated by having the extra amount of memory. My guess is that you should notice some benifit. Hope this helps. Smudge

Aspman 16:23 09 Mar 04

You might not notice much difference with 98. 98 doesn't deal with memory past 256 very well I've seen some systems (my own at work) worse with lots of memory. If you upgrade (or are planning to) up to XP it will make things far more pleasent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…