Adding a posting to an email

Meshuga 17:12 06 Feb 05

If I wanted to send a posting from the forum that might be of interest to someone via an email how would I do it please. Meshuga.

VoG II 17:15 06 Feb 05

Pretty much the same way that you can add a "click here" to another thread here. The potential difficulty is that the URL will "break" in the e-mail. This can be avoided if you shorten the link click here

Diodorus Siculus 17:17 06 Feb 05

If you use FireFox, try the TinyURL extension - then simply right click on the page and choose "crete tinyURL for this page". Paste the result into the email.

Meshuga 17:20 06 Feb 05

Hi VoG, not too clear on that. I know how to do the click here bit but what would be the url of the particular post.

octal 17:21 06 Feb 05

Would the person receiving the email have to be signed in as a member to be able to read it?

VoG II 17:23 06 Feb 05

Hi Meshuga

You can't link to a particular post on here, only to a thread like this one.

http:// www .pcadvisor.co.uk/index.cfm?go=discuss.thread&threadid=183454&forumid=1

Meshuga 17:25 06 Feb 05

Hi octal, the person receiving would actually be part of the forum admin so would have access. Cant say more in public for obvious reasons.

octal 17:26 06 Feb 05

Righty oh.

Meshuga 17:29 06 Feb 05

Thanks VoG,thats clearer. Will try that if required. Many thanks. Regards. Meshuga.

Meshuga 17:33 06 Feb 05

Thanks to all who responded. Regards, Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now