adding new printer

oldun11 19:54 10 Sep 03

Can anyone help? Bought new lexmark x85 3-in-1 printer and run windows xp, installed fine print quality good, tried to print next day and got message "printer cannot comunicate with computer" check usb connections if this does not resolve problem, un-install and re-install, have done this but still no joy.Tried next day printer produced 1 print then same message appeared. Completed uninstall etc still nothing, returned unit and got new machine.Exactly the same as first,has been suggested this is a fault with xp and how it installs but how can I cure it?

christmascracker 20:02 10 Sep 03

I had the exact same when I had a X85. Got that fed up with it, uninstalling and putting it back on again for the same thing to happen a few days later, that I took it back and exchanged it for a different model

Sheila

spuds 22:59 10 Sep 03

I had an X85, which as now been changed to a Lexmark X5150.Had problems with the X85 and now having problems with the X5150.I am running XP Pro.

Feedback from Lexmark Technical Support, was that I connect my usb cable [1.5m]direct into usb socket on computer.Do not go via a hub unit.Do not use extended length of usb cable.

Would suggest that you contact [email protected] They are very good with support response.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…