Adding new pages in frontpage.

STEVE71163 17:05 25 Jan 04

I put my site together about six months ago now and feel it needs updating a bit and i would like to add a few more pages. If i want to add another page but with the same layout as one of the other pages how do i do it?

Taran 17:46 25 Jan 04

As long as you have the original web root folder in your My Webs or My Websites folder in My Documents you can just open the site and edit it to your hearts content.

One easy way of adding a new page is to open an existing page in the web root folder, say your index page for example. Click on File, Save as, and give it a new name. Add hyperlinks in the other pages to point to the new one you just made by saving the index file as a different filename and you're off.

This preserves any layouts, themes, navigation structure and so on without you having to manually configure everything on the page form scratch.

If you have a navigation bar set up you can update it to inlcude the new page.

T

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…