Adding to the "New" list on context menu?

Simsy 16:05 18 Dec 06

Folks,

I'm sure this is possible, but I can't remember how...

I use ZipGenius as my zipping tool. Though I don't have a lot of need for it normally, I did for something I was working on today...

In Windows Explorer, if I selct something and right click, "Zip Genius" is one of the options that appears, and it has a sub menu from which I can choose how to "zip" it, if it's not a compressed file, (or how to extract it if it is!)

If I right click without having file selected I can choose "New" and a list of possible new file typs are displayed, Word Doc, Excel file, Text Document, Wave file, etc... I'm sure that at one time a Zip file was on that list, and now it's not.

Can anyone advise on how to make a zip one of the options there. I've looked through the options in zip genius and can't find one.

I'm guessing it's a registry thing, or something I can set in File options.

It's far from the end of the world if it can't be done, but I'd appreciate help if someone knows how to do it.

Also, I've a lot of entried in there that I'd get rid of if I knew how! I guess it's using the same method!

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

anskyber 16:48 18 Dec 06

Install and open TweakUI.
Click on the Templates option in the left hand side of the window.
If you wish to remove any options available through the new section, you can highlight the icon you wish to remove and click the Delete button.
If you wish to add new templates, click the Create button and locate a file of your choice to add. If a template has not been created for the file you are attempting to add, you will receive an error. I think!

Simsy 18:44 18 Dec 06

Tweakui! I knew I'd seen the option somewhere!

You're right about the error thing... and there doessn't seem to be such a thing as a zip template!

Thanks anyway. At least I've made that menu smaller!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…