Adding a new hard disc

Haggie 23:27 26 Apr 03

need ya thoughts on how easy it is.
i have fitted cdrw to an older machine with ease & am presuming a second Hard Disc would be of similiar process & hardness.

MAJ 23:32 26 Apr 03

It's just about the same, Haggie. You might have to set the BIOS to detect the drive, but mostly it's already set. If the PC is old, make sure your BIOS detects a large drive, if the new drive is a large one.

zanwalk 23:33 26 Apr 03

It's not difficult, just remember that you have to fdisk and format the new drive before use.

Haggie 16:59 27 Apr 03

how old would an old PC be these days? mine is about 3 yrs old PIII. & how big is a big h/d? I've downloaded the manual for me mobo & looked through the bios but i cannae find anything about large drives.
any ideas as to where i will find it? mobo has Ami Bios on an MSI 6156BX board.

rickf 19:05 27 Apr 03

What Os are you using. If 98se remember to set it to recognise large drive during set up.

Rayuk 19:48 27 Apr 03

If you are adding it as a second drive dont forget to change the jumpers on whichever is the slave

alan_blue 00:31 28 Apr 03

If you buy a seagate hard drive, then load down the disk wizard ,it virtualy does it all for you.I did it myself today with no problems.good luck.

alan_blue 00:37 28 Apr 03

my system is also about three years old an amd k62 500 mb i installed a 60 gig hard drive .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…