adding my outlook contacts to a different pc

Kingfisher 12:39 PM 14 Oct 11

Hello everyone, My current xp machine runs outlook 2007, have just bought a vista laptop and have got windows live mail running ok, but I want to add my outlook contacts from my xp pc to the Vista laptop, but still retain my contacts on the xp outlook. I was concerned that if I exported my contacts from outlook i would then lose them from my xp outlook, can anyone offer any advice many thanks

Sea Urchin 12:54 PM 14 Oct 11

Exporting contacts does not remove them from your original computer - it merely copies them to a file that can then be imported into your new machine.

To export them from Outlook follow this guide, but save them as a .csv file (comma separated values) and not .pst as suggested in this link

Export

Save the file onto a flash drive which can then be atached to your new laptop - then import them from there as follows

Import

PS Don't download anything from the red button on this site - just follow the import procedure below.

Kingfisher 13:31 PM 14 Oct 11

Many Thanks Sea Urchin, will do as suggested and post back later

Kingfisher 15:29 PM 14 Oct 11

Sorted Sea Urchin thankyou very much

Sea Urchin 15:45 PM 14 Oct 11

Great - glad it's all sorted for you. Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites