Adding multiple zipped files to email

ivesy 22:19 20 Nov 08

I want to send an email with my HIP information on to the estate agents.

This means I have around 50 pages to scan and zip!

I would prefer to attach them in a file to send to the estate agents rather than have each page showing as a seperate attachment.

Is it possible to send the pages in one file as an attachment? I am using Office Outlook 2003 or I could use Yahoo email.

Thank you

MAJ 22:27 20 Nov 08

Scan the pages (if you have to do that), put all the scanned images into one folder, right-click on that folder and choose > Send To > Compressed folder, then email it.

Technotiger 22:29 20 Nov 08

I don't know if any email provider would handle such a large file, but it is possible to put them all together. Simply make a New Folder, then put all the pages into that folder. The Folder could then be sent as a single zip file, it would still contain all the pages.

This is how I send 100's of photo's by email.

Technotiger 22:30 20 Nov 08

Snap! I must learn to type faster! :-))

ivesy 16:31 21 Nov 08

Hi thanks for the advice. I've done what you have said and compressed the scans to 54MB. I've just got a mail delivery message back saying the message exceeds the maximum message size.

That was using Outlook. Any ideas?

MAJ 17:24 21 Nov 08

It's probably caused by the limit your estate agent has on their inbox. There are a couple of solutions:

1. Stick your HIP on a CD and send/give it to them.
2. Upload it to some webspace and let them download it. As it's a ZIP file it will download when the link is clicked on.
3. Split the file into smaller parts and email those parts to the estate agents a few at a time. One of my favourite file Splitters is called JASP. JASP produces a .bat file which when you double click all the separate files will be merged into the original file, have all the files, including the .bat file, in one folder. click here

Woolwell 18:18 21 Nov 08

Sometimes e-mail isn't the best. I would have sent your 50 pages to the estate agents and asked them to photocopy them. This of course assumes that your estate agent is within reasonable distance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…