Adding headphones with microphone

golucky 19:38 02 Jun 04

My Mesh computer has no separate sockets on the soundcard for a headphones/microphone combination and neither have the speakers. The soundcard has the usual green,blue,pink and black sockets and I have fitted a splitter which enables the powered speakers/amplifier and the headphones. I've plugged the microphone jack into the pink microphone socket - but that doesn't seem to work - I really wanted to use it with my webcam. Would it be better to use a switched hub and are there different hubs for different applications? I'd be grateful for your advice - and thank you.

hugh-265156 19:45 02 Jun 04

if you soundcard has a mic in connection as most do then it may just be muted in sounds and audio devices or audioHQ if its a creative card.have a check here.

test you mic by clicking start/run and type dxdiag and click ok

click the network tab and click the 'test directplay and voice options' tabs and run the wizards maybe.

golucky 19:15 03 Jun 04

Thank you hugyg72 - I found the dxdiag illuminating although I'm still trying to get my microphone on the headset to work. I'll keep pressing the keys - that always seems to work in the end!

hugh-265156 19:27 03 Jun 04

i dont use a mic or a headset but would imagine if the headset is not a usb connection then you should have two jack plugs instead,one for speaker out and one for mic in.

can you describe the connectors please or post a link to the product maybe?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…