//some 3rd party need geo

Adding HD in XP

CyprusJohn 17:36 27 May 05

In the past I have added a CD RW to my Acer Aspire.
I have just added a Samsung HDD to enable me to keep backups of my pictures and photographs.
The HDD is recognised by the device manager and in Set Up at Startup, but it is not formatted as far as I can see and does not appear in My Computer.
I have set the jumpers on the current drive from cable select to master and the new drive to slave and connected them as per the labels on the cable.
How do I make my computer recognise the new drive and make it available for use?
How do I change the drive letter allocation as the drives are currently HDD (C) CDRW ( D) and DVD ( E) with Stick drive as ( J)

VoG II 17:40 27 May 05

To change drive letters click here

Joe R 17:42 27 May 05

right click on my computer, choose manage, double click on storage, double click on disk management.

You should now be able to right click on your drive and format.

CyprusJohn 18:31 27 May 05

Thanks guys, that worked OK. Just one more supplemental, Why is my primary disc using FAT 32 and the new disc using NTFS? Anything I should worry about?

Joe R 18:33 27 May 05

CyprusJohn,

Unless you want to change it, it will cause no harm whatsoever.

CyprusJohn 18:34 27 May 05

Any benefit from changing it, I don't even know what they are!

VoG II 18:35 27 May 05

If anything you should change your primary drive to NTFS click here

CyprusJohn 18:46 27 May 05

Very interesting. I will need some time to digest all this, but for the moment I thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…