Adding graphics to small home made videos

Midsman2005 03:40 25 Oct 05

Hello forum,

OK...so the story so far...

I used my webcam to make a little home video clip for a friend who lives a long way away.

What I would like to do, if possible, is add some simple graphics to it.

Nothing too adventurous...basically I am opening my hands in the video to say "I miss you this much"...hopefully you know what I mean!....and I thought it would be really nice to have a dotted line appear between my hands as I open them.

I dont know if this is possible and I suspect it is quite difficult to do.

But if anyone knows of any software that would allow me to do it then that would be just great!

My PC is reasonable spec and I have Windows XP Home.

zoobie 04:00 25 Oct 05

you could make an animation in flash...then import it into your editor. It has a very steep learning curve but in a few short months, you'd have your graphic.

Midsman2005 11:38 25 Oct 05

So its that easy!

I knew it would be dificult.

Ironically, it was very extremely simple to do on an old Commodore Amiga!...some things really have not moved forward at all :-(

fazer 13:44 25 Oct 05

Midsman 2005

Not sure about the dotted line, but here's an idea for you:

Using Windows moviemaker (for example) - film your own hands opening and perhaps add an effect ("old film" or Sepia tone) to make the clip more stylised. Then over that clip add a caption using a style that could for example flow out of your hands.

It would take a bit of editing but is possible whatever video software you are using.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…