Adding a Filtered Excel Table to dreamweaver page

Mysticnas 11:51 01 Jul 05

Hi all,

I was playing around with dreamweaver and MS Excel trying to see whether i could import a table with filters into a dreamweaver webpage without loosing any of the filter functionality.

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thank :o)

Taran 00:08 25 Jul 05

Dump the spreadsheet into your web (put it in a permissions protected folder), create an ASP or .NET page to interact with it, create your connection and a suitable filter/query to produce your desired output and put the whole lot together on an IIS server.

If you're looking for a point and click method then, to my knowledge, there isn't one in Dreamweaver.

You can connect to the spreadsheet as a data source easily enough, but after that there are some oddball considerations to take into account where Excel is concerned.

Microsoft Office Web Components is another option, when it works. Implementing it is sometimes tricky and stable results on all mainstream browsers is, well, let's just say it's less than perfect at times. Run a search in Google for more on that front.

I'd just set an ASP page to call its information fro the data source. I'd also probably use Access or MS SQL and ditch Excel. I'm not fond of Excel for the web for a lot of very good reasons which I'm not going into right now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…