Adding Extra Disc Drive Letters in XP Home

imindoors 16:46 31 May 03

Have just purchased a 6 in 1 Card reader.
As each card allegidly needs it's own drive letter I need to add a couple to my list to get the drives recognised.

Have done it before but just cannot remember how. there were enough on the Laptop but not enough on my mainframe.

The Old Grey Matter just ain't wot it used to be.

Would be most gratefull for any help or advice.

Running Win XP Home – 400W PSU – 1.4GH AMD Athlone – ABIT KG7-RAID MB - 512 MB S-DDR Ram – Weston Digital 40GB Master & 20GB Slave HDD’s - 64Mb DDR Radion Graphics – Creative Audigy Platinum Sound Card – 17” Flatron 795ft + Monitor

Thanks In Advance

Imindoors.

imindoors 16:57 31 May 03

Ti De Bump

jeez 17:13 31 May 03

mainframe?

jazzypop 17:26 31 May 03

XP Home will allocate a drive letter to the memory card as it is inserted. If a second card is inserted, another drive letter will be allocated. Just look in My Computer to see the contents of each card.

When you want to eject the card, look in the System Tray (bottom right, near the clock), and you will see an Eject Drive icon. It looks a little like a memory card with a large green arrow above it. Right click the icon, and choose to 'Safely Remove Hardware', select the card (if you have more than one insrted, then choose Stop. That will avoid any file corruption.

AndySD 17:33 31 May 03

Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage, which will open the Computer Management MMC. Under the Storage icon, click Disk Management

But Windows XP should do this automatically if its all loaded properly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…