adding email addresses

TN 18:12 10 Nov 05

Is it possible in Outlook (2003) to automatically add an email address to the contact file from an incoming email. I have lost all my contact addresses although they are all in an Outlook 'backup' file but I cannot open it as I am told it is not a correct file to import! With this in mind I thought it might be a lot easier to get the addresses automatically if this were possible. Also how do you stop Outlook downloading emails every 15 minutes or so - it did not do this before evrything went pear shaped on me. All advice appreciated

Taff™ 06:45 11 Nov 05

If you have a backup .pst file click here

You can add individuals to your Contacts by opening the e-mail and then right clicking their e-mail address and add to contacts but you should be able to import your backup fully.

TN 08:59 11 Nov 05

Many thanks Taff - worked a treat - have got all my contact back - still can't understand why everything just disappeared from the programme - no trojans or viruses on computer to blame.

Taff™ 08:07 12 Nov 05

One of life`s little mysteries - how about a tick in the resolved box. Cheers

TN 17:13 12 Nov 05

sorry, forgot!!!

Taff™ 21:10 12 Nov 05

Still not ticked. Still a problem from the "old" forum. Tick the resolved box and click resolved button - don`t post a message!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…