Adding email address to Outlook Express

Alf58 21:16 30 Jul 10

I currently use Outlook Express and BT Yahoo for my email.Currently I receive email for my BT Yahoo adress in my BT Yahoo browser inbox and email for another address is received in Outlook Express.

I would like to configure Outlook Express to receive email for my BT Yahoo adress. I have begun the process but when I click on "accounts" then "add" it comes up with the email adress which is already working successfully in Outlook Express. I am concerned that if I type the new adress (BT Yahoo) over the top of it I will lose tha bility to receive email from that account. Can anyone help?

northumbria61 21:22 30 Jul 10

You should find something here - click here

lotvic 23:10 30 Jul 10

"accounts" then "add"
It won't delete the email address account when you alter it to add another new one. That address only comes up pre-filled in because it is your default email address. You will see that the next box will be blank waiting for you to put the server SMTP info in.

You will have to make sure that your BT yahoo address is POP3 or OE won't be able to collect it. Not sure if there might be an option on Mail Server Account when you are logged in via your Browser.
I know that new Yahoo free email addresses can't be collected in OE unless you do it with Ypops click here

Alf58 21:35 31 Jul 10

Thank you both for your replies. The matter is now resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…