Adding DVD writer to medion PC

voyager1313 04:02 30 Mar 04

I have one of the Medion PC's bought from Aldi.
Is it easy enough to replace one of the drives with a DVD Writer but keeping the plastic flip cover that hides the drive.

Also can anyone recommend a good DVD Writer around the £120 mark.

Cheers

voyager1313 02:27 31 Mar 04

Thanks,but i have been reading tonight about the new dual layer writers that are coming out soon and i think i will hang off to then.

baggyjeans 17:19 30 May 05

I work for a contractor to Medion and repair their machines frequently. The flip at the front shouldn't be affected, all you will have to be sure of is that the eject button for the drive is on the extreme right and not indented as this will impede the effectiveness of the push-bitton on the facia.

I work for a contractor to Medion and repair their machines frequently. The flip at the front shouldn't be affected, all you will have to be sure of is that the eject button for the drive is on the extreme right and not indented as this will impede the effectiveness of the push-bitton on the facia.

voyager1313 09:48 31 May 05

Thanks for the reply,I still haven't bought one yet so your info is much appreciated.

SEASHANTY 14:36 31 May 05

Have replaced the Sony CD-R writer in my Medion PC with the flip cover by the LG GSA 4163B all format 16x DVD writer
click here
It works OK with the Medion cover as the open drawer switch lines up exactly with the cover. I also have this drive in one of my other Medion PC's - the P4 1.6 as well as the one with the cover which is the P4 2.66GHz. It is an excellent drive.
Its also sold by Blankdiscshop.

SEASHANTY 19:55 02 Jun 05

The LG GSA 4163B all format DVD 16x writer has now been reduced to £30 at Blankdiscshop
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…