Adding Downloadable Files

The Paul 17:19 26 Nov 03

I want to include the abilty for visitors to my site to be able to download documents. What is the best format to do this with. I can produce PDF files or Word doc files.

Any thoughts appreciated. Cheers. Paul

Forum Editor 18:34 26 Nov 03

is best - the files will be exact replicas of your originals, but people will not need the software in which you created the document. Instead they'll need the free PDF reader that they can download from Adobe, and you can provide them with a download link on your site.

Just link them to
click here

Sir Radfordin 19:34 26 Nov 03

As the FE says, using PDFs you can be sure your documents apear to end users as they do to you. This has many advantages.

There is a "proper" way to link to the Acrobat Reader download (free) click here for all the info on that.

The Paul 19:37 26 Nov 03

I'll use the PDF format as you both describe. Thanks for the links too.

F.E. I trust you will allow a wee aside from a "Green Irishman" and allow me to wish all English Forum members my congratulations on the English win in Australia. A great win for you guys but equally a great win for Northern Hemisphere rugby - too long the poor relation. Well done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…