Adding an additional computer to a network

daisy2bell 21:03 17 Nov 05

I have successfully set up a wireless network.
Although the main computer is connectet to the router/modem with a cable, the laptop is wireless.

Question:

How do I add another computer to the network this one again will be connected to the router/modem with a cable.
i.e. what setting do I need etc.

Thanks

Kegger 22:18 17 Nov 05

Hi daisy2bell,
all you need to ensure is that the extra PC has a nic (network interface card) for wired connectifity, or you could add a wireless pci card and connect via the wireless connection as your laptop, or indeed you could use a wireless USB dongle which does the same thing, you must ensure that you either run the network wizard or type ipconfig /all from a dos prompt and then add the same network settings as your other Pc/ Laptop but change the last octave by one ie first network device 192.168.0.1 (router) 192.168.0.2(main PC)192.168.0.3(laptop)192.168.0.4(new Pc) make sure that all equipment is in the same workgroup, and that simple file sharing is enabled. post again if unsure of what to do. Kegger

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…