add W98 as Dual Boot to pc running Wxp

PATRIOT 13:38 05 Mar 05

My PC runs XP pro, the hard drive has 2 NTFS partitions. Can I reformat the 2nd partition to FAT32 and install Windows 98 so that I can Dual Boot to either systems?
Xp pro came pre installed on the hard drive ( I have no cd version)so I am reluctant to Wipe the Hard drive and instal W98 before XPI - as most article I have read suggest. If it is possible, how would I go about it? I welcome any help from you.

VoG II 13:41 05 Mar 05

Does click here help?

PATRIOT 13:53 05 Mar 05

thanks VOG for the speedy reply. It appears to be a very good link, however I do not have a copy of CD rom XP pro to complete the installation (it came pre-installed). Is there a way round this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:07 05 Mar 05

Type in the run box

C:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons

A Windows Setup Dialog Box appears. The Windows Setup Dialog Box describes the Recovery Console option. To confirm the installation, click Yes.

Restart the computer. The next time that you start your computer, "Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" appears on the startup menu.

Select recovery console and follow the prompts from VOG's link

ACOLYTE 15:05 05 Mar 05

I thought 98 had to be installed first on a dual boot system? but gl.

Newuser38 15:09 05 Mar 05

This lot might be some help. The Flecc one is a goody. click here

PATRIOT 14:48 06 Mar 05

Thanks for the input Fruit Bat and Newuser38. There is a lot of information there to digest - it will take some time. Have a good weekend meanwhile.

Newuser38 13:13 19 Mar 05

Any joy, or did you give up? Green tick time?

PATRIOT 18:42 20 Mar 05

I dug out an old W98 pc which I could use to run the specific software that would not work on XP. This solution takes more deskspace, but gives me more time to digest the solution offered. There might be a lack of self confidence on my part. When time permits, I will rise to the challenge.
Thanks again for all the help received with this pbroblem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…