Add Remove Programs Can not get into it!!

sak41 10:02 10 Oct 05

I can not get into the Add remove programs, i am running windows Xp Home can anyone help.

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:24 10 Oct 05

Type

C:\WINDOWS\system32\appwiz.cpl

in the run box, can you get in now?

Mike D 10:37 10 Oct 05

I had a similar problem and my solution was to create a shortcut to appwiz.cpl on the Desktop. Not very elegant, but it got me out of a hole until I eventually got around to a repair reinstall of Windows (not a big job, but I was pushd for time).

Mike

sak41 10:44 10 Oct 05

how do i repair and reinstall windows?

MAJ 12:01 10 Oct 05

You shouldn't need to do a repair install of XP, it might be just that your appwiz.cpl file is corrupt in some way, replacing that [possibly corrupt] file with a new version from your C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 folder, or extracting the file from your XP CD, will fix the problem. The new file should go in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder. But you haven't explained exactly what has happened yet, answer Fruit Bat /\0/\'s question above. What happens when you double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon in Control Panel? Doing a System Restore to a date prior to the problem occurring might also cure it.

sak41 19:20 10 Oct 05

when i double click on add remove programs nothing happens, it just does'nt open to display the installed programs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos