Add Remove Programs Can not get into it!!

sak41 10:02 10 Oct 05

I can not get into the Add remove programs, i am running windows Xp Home can anyone help.

Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:24 10 Oct 05

Type

C:\WINDOWS\system32\appwiz.cpl

in the run box, can you get in now?

Mike D 10:37 10 Oct 05

I had a similar problem and my solution was to create a shortcut to appwiz.cpl on the Desktop. Not very elegant, but it got me out of a hole until I eventually got around to a repair reinstall of Windows (not a big job, but I was pushd for time).

Mike

sak41 10:44 10 Oct 05

how do i repair and reinstall windows?

MAJ 12:01 10 Oct 05

You shouldn't need to do a repair install of XP, it might be just that your appwiz.cpl file is corrupt in some way, replacing that [possibly corrupt] file with a new version from your C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386 folder, or extracting the file from your XP CD, will fix the problem. The new file should go in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder. But you haven't explained exactly what has happened yet, answer Fruit Bat /\0/\'s question above. What happens when you double-click on the Add/Remove Programs icon in Control Panel? Doing a System Restore to a date prior to the problem occurring might also cure it.

sak41 19:20 10 Oct 05

when i double click on add remove programs nothing happens, it just does'nt open to display the installed programs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…