Add remove programs

sqn08 14:19 02 Jul 08

If through some error the list of installed files in add remove does not appear to show the files you know are installed is there any way of refreshoing the list.

I recently some how cleared the list, and now the MS add remove program tool does not list the programs i have listed in all prgrams. Making it very ahrd to get rid of unwated prgrams, without uninstall options.

Any other way?

Terry Brown 14:23 02 Jul 08

If you have the installation disk (XP or Vista), open RUN and enter sfc /scannow (the space between sfc and / is necessary)
This will check you operating system and repair any broken links / missing files.

this should cure the problem.
Terry

sqn08 15:17 02 Jul 08

I have run SFC / scannow, nothing came at the end of the duration it scanned for.
I restared computer with recovery disk in, one message came up. autocheck.exe not found skipping autocheck.exe.

Checked Add/remove prog list nothing new.

Still have only the list of about 5 recent stand alone programmes that I know are not the complete list of long time installed programmes.

What i want to do is refresh/ rescan the computer for installed programmes. So I can work backwareds and remove the more recent installations easily.

Or is there a seperate tool I can use to scrub the installed programmes?

peter99co 17:09 02 Jul 08

ccleaner (free)

julius44 20:20 02 Jul 08

Hi there i use a program called revo uninstaller, click here, it is superb, and it will remove ANY program completely, u cant go wrong with this little gem

sqn08 10:34 03 Jul 08

thank you
back to normal now, tried Ccleaner what a star!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac